Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 17th September 2014, 18:20

ufo17 is on a distinguished road
Default what the feck

Paul, I haven't been around the forum for a while and then I looked today and thought oh that's a shame Paul gave up on his bodywork and gave it to Chris over at Tribute to finish, oh wait a minute what the feck wow wow wow I,m gonna say it again WOW. You must be as scottie says as happy as a dog with 2 d**ks. It really doesn't look like the same car, this is how the Sammio always should have been. well done that man.
Available from eBay
Old 17th September 2014, 19:58

swifty is on a distinguished road

Paul that body looks totally different now, a lick of paint is a great moral booster and i am looking forward to putting the first coat of undercoat on.

Keep up the hard work, the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to shine a little brighter.
Old 18th September 2014, 07:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T - Thanks, although I might just leave the car in primer & claim it is a rolling restoration.
Despite the amount of work required before painting, I am looking forward to some real colour.

Gary - Cheers, I can hardly believe the transformation myself.
It really supports what Mr T often says about people seeing the car on the road...
They see what the car has ended up looking like, not the trials & tribulations to get there.

UFO - Thanks, but will you behave, you are making me blush.
At one point I did consider handing the whole project over to a professional to finish.
As I really did not think I would be capable of tackling the major problems I faced.
So I love the fact that, against all odds, I have managed to get to this stage by myself.
( Although I couldn't have done it without the help & support of this Forum. )

Swifty - Cheers, I must confess, the boost in morale was just what I needed.
Although some areas need some more detail work, other areas as effectively done.
I'm also looking forward to seeing the first coat of paint on your shell.
As I can now appreciate the extra work you are putting in to reach such a high standard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Early Start:
With my wife's help, I lifted the body shell back into place first thing this morning.

Note:
The leading edge of the driver's side rear wheel arch will be "tucked in" when the body shell is bonded on.

Overall, I am still very happy with how this has turned out, as it retains the essence of a '50s racer.

I really admire the high standards that Swifty & Mac are working to on their Navigator (Cordite Mk II) builds.

But I am still happy with my previous decision to pick my battles, in order to win the war.

The next major job on the body shell will be to cut out a boot lid / access panel.

Because I have the longer, MkI, humps, this will present a bit of a challenge.

However, these days I do feel a lot more confident about taking this sort of task on.

Even if I am not 100% sure how it is all going to work when I start.

Unfortunately, a ton of other chores and hosting another Bar-B-Q this weekend have to come first.

So until next time, take care, Paul.