Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 11th February 2009, 10:45

MadMacs2010 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Some Kit car ideas

I seem to see an awful lot of Seven-esque type kits in the market these days. This seems to be a bit saddening really as I got interested in the Kitcar scene because of such fantastic vehicles like the Dakar and the Kamala.

But of late most companies seem to be resting on their laurels churning out Sevens of varying looks.

I don't begrude this, lord knows if it weren't for the Seven chances are there wouldn't be a kit car industry but surely there is enough inspiration in the concept car market or other places to at the very least tribute some of the things that are coming out.

for example, why has no one attempted a replica of the Holden Efijy such a fantastic vehicle almost demands this. Holden have said that they would be willing to make a couple of them for investors but that they would be hand made to customers orders and the price tag would be somewhere in the region of AU$800,000. There are enough pictures of the thing on the internet (here for example http://www.caradvice.com.au/3352/hol...r-of-the-year/ ), why couldn't someone make a tribute version for the average Joe to put together.

Another one would be the Lexus Off-grid car from Minority Report, again there are more than enough pictures to re-create such a thing.

Could someone explain to me the reason such fantastic cars never seem to get tributed?

These are 2 of the vehicles in my "10 car garage" that all guys seem to have - you know that "if I won the lottery these are the 10 cars I'd have in my garage!" - It's frustrating to see such fabulous designs consigned to the history books without anyone even trying to make them accessible to the masses.
Available from eBay
Old 16th February 2009, 15:35

lchapi is on a distinguished road

im guessing copyright infringement and the cost of making te master moulds.

but yes i do agree there are some great cars that should be brought back or brought to the road for real.

id love too see a Mazda Furai concept as a kit car maybe space frame with RX7 or RX8 donor kit. this wud be really eye catching and looking at most peoples responce to the car would go down a storm.

there have been some movie cars brought to life the elanor mustnag gone in 60 seconds and the batmobile original tv show car are both available in kit form.

maybe this is the erfect idea for a company concept/movie cars. live like a star type cars.