Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st September 2007, 08:36
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road
Unhappy High Power Turbo and Type R owners

Hi guys.

Just wanted to for warn you about the power these cars have in a tiny little car. Caught me totally by surprise. I discovered this week the hard way. For 700 miles, I got used to the car. The chassis coped with what ever the engine through at it. No loss of controls at full chat. But this week discovered I have been running without the turbo due to a boost leak. since I've had the car. Fixed the problem. Result. Spun the car 180 degrees. The torque at 3-4k just took the back end out and over took the front. The power was frightening is the only to describe it. Now I know all of this was down to my bad driving. But just wanted to warn the others what to expect.

I was not hurt. Car is damaged. Assessing this weekend. First glance, there is not much damage (wishbone, shock and bonnet). But the chavs pinched the bonnet while I was recovering the car. Stole the morette headlights and front spoiler. Basically broke the low half of the bonnet. So now bonnet is not repairable.

I have drove so very fast cars. But I learned a valuable lesson. This car is like nothing else you will have ever drove. Period. Respect it. I will in future.

Highly recommend these track days Marlin are doing to test the car.
Available from eBay