Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 16th February 2021, 11:27

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Mr T, you are applying logic and it all makes sense. However...

In previous employment, I sought advice from a QC who advised the Privy Council. I asked him a question to which he replied, "Well, there are two answers to that." I said, "Don't tell me, one is yes, and the other is no." His reply..."You are learning fast, laddie."

And there lies the problem: Two sets of lawyers who will make money whatever the outcome.

I have no issue with lawyers. It is their job to argue, and I suspect that this type of case is their natural habitat.
Available from eBay
Old 16th February 2021, 12:58

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

I would think its a case of each and every case that goes to court would be considered in an individual way. Some cars are more like for like copies, others are inspired by lookalikes, others are squint at 50 yards to see if you can guess what it is !
What are those Bugatti Type 35 replica's with a rear mounted VW engine all about, do they count in this discussion ? What about the Teal type 35 which is about 30% bigger than the real thing ?
A lot of grey areas to keep the lawyers in work for years, this isn't an open and shut case for the replica industry.