Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 15th May 2009, 11:22
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road
Default Dino hubs

A great engine to fit! I read a kitcar mag article about one fitted - they chose a 12v 3 litre and kept the standard airfilter mounted in the boot. They had a lot of problems with drive axles though. Eventually they bought their own axle spline machine!

In my web searches it looks like the Alfa 166 has a hub with the same PCD (108mm) as the Dino and the same centre bore. Also there is a company reproducing the cromodora wheels so even if you didn't have the right hubs they might be able to give you a set with whatever pcd you need. They sell them for 700GBP a set in 14" or 16". Superformance stock them. Personally I think the right wheels really set the car off.
Available from eBay
Old 7th October 2009, 15:30

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossnzwpi View Post
A great engine to fit! I read a kitcar mag article about one fitted - they chose a 12v 3 litre and kept the standard airfilter mounted in the boot. They had a lot of problems with drive axles though. Eventually they bought their own axle spline machine!

In my web searches it looks like the Alfa 166 has a hub with the same PCD (108mm) as the Dino and the same centre bore. Also there is a company reproducing the cromodora wheels so even if you didn't have the right hubs they might be able to give you a set with whatever pcd you need. They sell them for 700GBP a set in 14" or 16". Superformance stock them. Personally I think the right wheels really set the car off.
Hi all,
I contacted supeformance about these repro wheels and having them drilled to a new pcd or new stud pattern/or even supplied undrilled but was told it wasn't possible as the wheels are cast with five holes and are made for the original dino.
ian
Old 8th October 2009, 06:50
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road
Default pcd of Dino wheels

Hi, if you want to re-drill a real or repro Dino wheel it is relatively easy if it is to suit a hub which is either 5 stud or 4 stud but the same 108mm PCD. There is a sort of hubcap which would cover the old holes - I have a couple of them off a 246GT. You need to match the centre bore too so it sits snugly over the brake/hub centre. If you don't you'll find the wheel goes ever-so-slightly off balance very soon! You can turn the hole in the wheel out bigger or get little sleeves to make it smaller from most mag shops.
Cheers
Ross
Old 8th October 2009, 11:43

mac is on a distinguished road
Default Dino wheels

Hi Ross, I must be misinterpreting your post on re drilling Dino wheels, if you were putting them on a hub with 5 stud 108pcd surely they wouldnt need re drilling, but if the hub was 4 stud wouldnt drilling another 4 holes in the wheel seriously weaken it as the new holes would be very close to the original holes. Have you done this mod with success.

Regards Mac.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Hi Ross, I must be misinterpreting your post on re drilling Dino wheels, if you were putting them on a hub with 5 stud 108pcd surely they wouldnt need re drilling, but if the hub was 4 stud wouldnt drilling another 4 holes in the wheel seriously weaken it as the new holes would be very close to the original holes. Have you done this mod with success.

Regards Mac.
hi,I've looked into this alot.To go from 4/100 to 5/108 means one hole clashes.Try it on paper-draw two circles 100mm and 108 with the relative stud patterns.4 are ok one will break into the other. The best way I can see is to weld up the one offending holes and then re-drill and re-tap the five new holes to suit the wheels. Spigot ring can be made to suit so the wheel sit centrally on the hub. How ever as pointed out to me the offset needs to be checked so the new wheels sit correctly in the arches.
ian
Old 20th October 2009, 10:42

Default wheel bolt thread

hi-help!!
regarding wheels and pcd-does anyone know the correct wheel nut size used on the fiat and lancia hubs.I think it is m12 x 1.0 but can anyone confirm this before I a set of taps. ian