Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 21st September 2011, 17:54

MikeW is on a distinguished road
Default Deon DGT 246 Suspension

Hi everyone I have a running DGT 246 but the ball joints in the front suspesion are shot. The suspension is fabricated double wishbones (is that Geoscan?) and Lada uprights and brakes, I think. Any help in identifying/sourcing ball joints would be a great help. Mike W
Available from eBay
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:20

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Hi everyone I have a running DGT 246 but the ball joints in the front suspesion are shot. The suspension is fabricated double wishbones (is that Geoscan?) and Lada uprights and brakes, I think. Any help in identifying/sourcing ball joints would be a great help. Mike W
Hi Mike
Your looking for upper ball joints from a Fiat 125/132 ( part numberQSJ 764S) and lower ball joints fro a Fiat 124 Argenta ( part number QS765S). This is the info from the deon parts list so the part numbers may only tally up with the car make/model.
Ian
Old 25th September 2011, 15:01

hi all
can anyone on here recommend someone able to custom build exhaust manifolds in stainless steel on the car? Looking for someone fairly local leicestershire ish.
Ian
Old 30th September 2011, 08:55

Default Deon 246 Ball Joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
Hi Mike
Your looking for upper ball joints from a Fiat 125/132 ( part numberQSJ 764S) and lower ball joints fro a Fiat 124 Argenta ( part number QS765S). This is the info from the deon parts list so the part numbers may only tally up with the car make/model.
Ian
Hi Ian, Thanks for that! The local motor factors were able to source the ball joints using the parts numbers from Quinton Hazel I think. John Hurst at JH Classics supplied the same part Nos. Thanks for your help. My next thought is some Cromodoro wheels.. any ideas on that? Mike
Old 30th September 2011, 09:24

Hi Mike
Getting hold of cromodoras is not a problem. Superformance do them in either the standard 14" as per original dino or 16" for dinos with big brake kits. Silver or gold too.
The problem is getting then to fit the lada/fiat front hubs and the lancia beta rear.Try looking on the changing to 108pcd threads on here
It's something I'm working on myself,as well as upgrading to monster 4 pot wilwood front brakes and 280 dia 25mm thick vented discs.
ian
Old 1st October 2011, 22:24

Default 246 Brakes

Hi Ian Not sure if I would over-brake it; they are light at the front, especially with a 3-litre Alfa V6 in the back. JH recommends retaining the Lada discs but fitting a servo for bigger engined cars. Mike

PS went to start mine today but nothing happened when turning the key to the start position. Ignition lights on OK, fuel gauge etc all working and plenty of battery, just zilch when turning to make the starter operate.
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:08

hi mike
I can see his thinking but isn't a servo increasing braking force in much the same way as bigger brakes? If you read some of the posts on here deons/jhclassics do suffer with rubbish brakes.
I approached rally designs with all my specs and they designed a braking system for me,without using a servo. It does increase the front to 280mm x 24mm vented discs and changes from the lada 10" disc twin pot calipers to 4 pots.
At the back it's still a solid disc but increased again to 280mm with twin pot wilwood calipers and a (possible brembo) parking brake for iva.Brake pedal is uprated to bias bar for tuning the braking.
My car is fitted with a cosworth v6 mated to a rs turbo uprated gearbox with lsd running megasquirt ecu approx 250 bhp so I want to know I will be able to stop
Ian
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:04

Richard Vincent is on a distinguished road
Default Deon parts

Hi I'm interested in a parts list any chance of a copy?
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:38

Talking

Hi
Did you get any luck with the parts list? I know there used to be a link on here to one posted by "Mike The Big Cheese" as a lot of people were asking for one.
Let me know.
cheers Ian
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:17

Richard Vincent is on a distinguished road
Default Parts list

No I can't seem to find a list anywhere but I don't know my way around forums. Cheers.