Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 21st December 2011, 18:21

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road
Default Cerificate of newness

Hi all, Certificates of newness which are reqired by IVA test for new registration should be obtained from the manufacturer, i am debating on geting a kit car and was wondering how you can check that the certificate of newness from the manufacturer is valid, is there some registration that the manufacturer has to go which we the public can view?
Available from eBay
Old 21st December 2011, 19:17

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

It's just a formallity for registering the car, it should have the manufacturer name and chassis number on it and a declaration that this chassis is new.

Technically if you read the rules to the letter, you should only need it if you buy all of the major components from the manufacturer but the DVLA wouldn't register mine as "new" unless I had the certificate. It's not a big deal, just a bit of paper
Old 1st January 2012, 21:27

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road
Default IVA tests and Q plates

I really dont want to have a Q plate car, if i went the route with IVA and get an age related plate would i be able to still get a cherished number plate which would be the Suffix plate style IE " HJU 238L" this would be a 1970's plate which would make my car look more like the original???
Old 19th January 2012, 17:04

ZeroJS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfish76 View Post
I really dont want to have a Q plate car, if i went the route with IVA and get an age related plate would i be able to still get a cherished number plate which would be the Suffix plate style IE " HJU 238L" this would be a 1970's plate which would make my car look more like the original???
As I understand it you have several options with IVA as follows:-

Using the donor vehicle V5 document and proving all major components came from this vehicle will get you an age related plate as above.

Using all new components and providing certificates / reciepts to prove they are new. You are allowed one component to be reconditioned. Will give you a new registration number and a brand new car.

Being unable to provide proof that a vehicle has been built using a donor or new parts will result in a Q plate

HTH's

John