Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 29th June 2015, 09:15

Carib Classics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
Not true at all. No Sammio/Ribble/Miglia featured on this forum has done anything to the main chassis. And, there is a reason for this............the law is quite clear.

People have offered their advice unanimously (don't cut the chassis). You can heed this (there is a lot of experience on here) or not. If you do not, the chances of you producing a legal and roadworthy car reduce to almost zero.

If this is your first build, do everything you can to keep it simple.

Best of luck.
I will try and find what the Law says. Can you point me in the right direction. I just need to be sure. Thanks.
Available from eBay
Old 29th June 2015, 16:14

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carib Classics View Post
I will try and find what the Law says. Can you point me in the right direction. I just need to be sure. Thanks.
The trouble is it isn't 'law', what we have to comply with are regulations, rules and 'directives', which the various government agencies decide are appropriate. There is nothing in law as far as I know regarding the '8 point rule' but if you disregard it you won't get your V5c. They hold the whip hand and we have to comply.

If you dig through all the stuff that ACE have assembled you will find there are a lot of things which some regard as normal mods, like bob-tailing Land Rovers and modifying VW Beetle chassis/floorpans which used to be common modifications, fitting a Webber airbox in a Mini for example, VOSA will revoke the V5c on the spot and the only way of getting the car, which will probably be a pride and joy, back on the road will mean an IVA, which depending on the vehicle and the mod may not be possible.

This can happen at an MOT or a roadside check. VOSA regularly 'sit in' on MOT's and they know what to look for on certain vehicles.