Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Old 22nd November 2023, 21:02

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

I can highly recommend this drill mounted drum sanding kit from your local Screwfix. You can effectively "mill" large amounts of GRP or finish off roughly cut bits very quickly and accurately. For the price you can't go wrong !

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rubber-dr...t-25-pcs/19906
Available from eBay
Old 25th November 2023, 13:30

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road

By about noon, the sun had illuminated the cave sufficiently for me to crunch down there over the grass. Ratchet strapping the tank to the workmate had it stable enough to commence my 'ring of holes' 3mm drilling. Punching the thin metal for the drill's starting points was tricky, especially on the angled webs, and I decided to do a quadrant at a time, using the slim home modified padsaw blade to join them.

Three repeats and the rather jagged and not amazingly circular centre was out. I thought of wandering down to Screwfix on Lucky's recommendation but decided to have a burrow in the shed first, where I came across a box of flapwheels which I think I bought when I was building the A352. There were three grits, 40, 80, and 120. Popping the most aggressive in the drill I attacked the jagged hole a little at a time, repeatedly offering up the pipe to check progress. Eventually it could just be inserted with a little push and twist. It wasn't the interference fit I'd hoped for in my dream world, but the one or two millimetre gaps in places won't prove a problem for the TIGmeister . Happy with another small step I called it a day.

Regards, Mick
Old 9th December 2023, 06:32

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Quick update.

Whilst I'm waiting for a suitable weather window to get all the frame welding jobs done, I decided to try and get the engine running. So far: I've hoisted it back onto the engine stand (old picture alert!) and bought oil and filter; points; condenser; cap and leads and CD150 overhaul kit. Plugs yet to buy. I've also bought an Imp Sport cylinder head which Imp Guru Mark Maynard tells me is the one to have, and is a straight swap. This will be post starting as I'll need to source suitable carb(s) and a sport cam.

I will of course devise a way to ensure that the engine stand is completely secure for the anticipated very short coolant-less run which will be preceded with a good plug-less spin with Redex in the bores to get the oil circulating.

Regards, Mick

p.s. I wish it would stop raining, I much preferred it bright and bitter!