Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 26th May 2015, 21:39

andysharrock is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up kit car show dates

anyone know if Donington are holding the national kitcar show this year in august or any others around the north,
Available from eBay
Old 26th May 2015, 23:33

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysharrock View Post
anyone know if Donington are holding the national kitcar show this year in august or any others around the north,
'Pends how far North you are thinking... There is a classic car show at Dalemain (near Penrith) mid August. Usually a wide range of cars there from self build to classics, to vintage. Wigton and District car club organise it. There are others.
Old 27th May 2015, 08:05

I am based in Sheffield so maybe not that far north, just looking at what is coming up and they are way down south 2 or 3 hour drive sort of kills the day before you start
Old 27th May 2015, 09:01

Which is why I have never been to Stoneleigh, for me it's a major expedition, I would either have to camp, Travel-lodge or drive through the night. None of those options appeal, just to look at a few cars. I don't like crowds anyway, although from the photographs of the last Stoneleigh (2015), perhaps that isn't a problem now.
Old 27th May 2015, 20:31

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

I was looking for shows yesterday looks like the donington one was moved to castle coomb for this year, I was thinking that the Stockyard truck stop/pub at hellaby junction 1 on M18 would be an excellent venue for a show/ meet. Fantastic carvery too.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:47

Stoneleigh was a good show this year think the weather holding off made a difference, I have already had a look for next year soon as dates are announced I will try to book to stay on site for next time. shame about donington do you think the organisers all live down south and that's why they always end up miles away. lol
Old 28th May 2015, 11:17

Take a look here...

http://www.jonniejumble.co.uk/region...rth_west.shtml

Seem to be plenty of events, maybe not all kit car shows but you seem to get kit cars at classic shows, perhaps it reflects the relatively small kit car market...
Old 28th May 2015, 11:07

The Newark show always used to get a good turn out, I heard that because that is a favourite venue for the so called antiques fairs that are incredibly well attended that the site owners have lost the plot of what is affordable and just want too much money, my mum came with us this year to stoneleigh she had not attended for 30 years and was amazed how small the show was, those sloping fields behind the rotrax owners club used to be rammed with day visitors cars, and all the cattle sheds where the cars for sale and slalom was, used to be the show halls with the hall the show was in this year used for food sellers. I also used to enjoy the drag race anyone could enter and the driving skills that was the favourite for Dutton phaetons and jago Jeeps being thrashed it was brilliant to watch as a 16 year old boy dreaming of owning a GTM, which I did briefly and swapped the mini engine for an allegro one but as I hit 6 foot I out grew it. Saying that this year we had a family trip from Saturday till Tuesday mum dad me and my brother my daughter and his son 3 nights staying on site for £120....... Bargain. Andy if you find any local shows or meets let me know, Ed.
Old 30th August 2015, 09:35

my new kit car is road legal but not finished more rough and ready is there any events going on tomoz the 31st of aug local to Sheffield its a bank holiday so should be something.
I know there's a meet at a pub in Rotherham once a month for petrol heads but I can not remember there name info anyone please
Old 1st September 2015, 11:13

In laws are from Rotherham I will ask them to put the feelers out. I would very much like a look at your car next time I am visiting whirlow if it fits in with you? Ed
Old 1st September 2015, 11:44

thanks and no problem you will normally find me in the garage at weekends. trying to get some work dune on my splity before I start the next project . andy