Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th June 2008, 19:24
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road
Default Road Legal at Last

After passing the SVA 6 months ago and 3 months dealing with the DVLA, inspections and forms and visits to the local centre and a 4 week wait; I today received my age related reg plate.

Yahooooo

Three years after buying an 80% complete kit that was then dismantled and reconstructed virtually from scratch, SVA test and two retests, rejected applications for registration, no invoice for the chassis and threats of a Q ... Tomorrow's run with be very sweet I can tell you.

Credit must go to everyone that offered support, assistance and encouragement, to Great British Sports Cars for providing support at the critical time when no one else could and a family that just put up with my mumblings and dirty hands, towels, feet and clothes.

I am looking forward to a sunny summer and the wind in my thinning hair!

Thank you all that took the time to contribute to that build and the new one!

You still battling on?

All I can say is 'onwards and upwards', the end is worth a whole lot of grief and skinned knuckles.

I am already starting the next kit car now (I normally post in the 5exi area) I must be mad.

I hope this provides some margin or encorragement to thoes still building, there is an end honest!

Available from eBay