Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 17th March 2013, 14:03

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazDavies View Post
OK, that was quite a good one.

Im encouraged by the response to the ebay add so far. With almost 450 watchers and answering questions becoming almost a full time job it has to be good news for the others that are building G46s at the moment.
and for future sales once you get up and running?
Old 20th March 2013, 18:49

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Decent price at £8,600 - I expect you're relieved! Well done, the car looked really good so I'm not surprised.
Old 20th March 2013, 18:59

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Cheers Towed, that is more than I had expected it to go for with not being finished, although in the end it had more that 550 watchers so I was confident that the price would go up at the last min. It looks like the car is going to its new home in Belgium at the weekend.

Its good news for the others that are building G46s at the moment. I still want to see one on the bloody road!

Last edited by GazDavies; 20th March 2013 at 19:03..
Old 20th March 2013, 19:05

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Good stuff gaz , not so bad .
Old 20th March 2013, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Good stuff gaz , not so bad .
Just a bit better than the £2500 that you told one buyer to offer hey Mike. No hard feelings though, you did me a huge favour.
Old 20th March 2013, 19:20

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

well barry asked me what i recone you would take so i told him, im glad this ones
gone to a good home . Move on and build more cars
Old 20th March 2013, 22:52

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Mine is up for sale still but with a deposit paid I am not soliciting offers yet.

I am happy with you price although it makes mine look underpriced.

Still happy that mine should be going to an enthusiast
Old 22nd March 2013, 15:58

Well I waved goodbye to the car this afternoon, its going to its new home which is a showroom in Belgium. I was a little sad to see it go in the end but at that price for an unfinished car I cant complain, the new owner did promise to send me some pictures once the car is complete so I will post them in due course.
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:31

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Good news Gaz, it was a nice looking car and the right colour too!

Being able to say that the demonstrator is in a museum on the continent gives it a bit of kudos I reckon!
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:03

phil9 is on a distinguished road

be nice to see one on the road..... well done on a good sale
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:26

davecymru is on a distinguished road

It impresses me how many of these Sammios are ending up abroad. GaryJ certainly got something right with the formula!
Old 22nd March 2013, 23:45

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
It impresses me how many of these Sammios are ending up abroad. GaryJ certainly got something right with the formula!
Absolutely, a car of that calibre was always going to be a saleable product.

GJ confided in me that he believed the market price for a fully complete car would be in the £10k range. Think he was vindicated in that respect.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:59
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie

Hi,
I'm the new owner of Nick's (world class accident) G-46.
I collected it a few weeks ago but I have only just started working on it this week.
The car looks good but the quality of the moulds is very poor!!!
I can see why some builder have fused the front section to the main body tub and just cut a bonnet opening!!
Is it the same story with the doors!!
Such a shame.
I keep looking at the photos of GazDavies car, looks fantastic!!!
So does any one know how GazDavies got such a good fit of both doors and bonnet, or was it all down to a good tub of filler?
I see he used Mini door hinges. I tried fitting the supplied plates with a Scimitar hinge but gave-up after several attempts!!
Mike
Old 31st May 2013, 20:14

garyh is on a distinguished road

lets start having some photos.... Mo.
Old 31st May 2013, 20:17

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Mike welcome to the forum, i dont know any of the history behind your car but it sounds your suffering the fate of most Sammio builders towards the end of its time as Sammio. If i were you i would start your own build thread and put some pictures up of the ateas you have concerns about that way we can advise whats best, ill adapt my old forum tag from the tiger owners club.
" You assemble a Caterham, build a Westfield but engineer a Ribble / Sammio"
Old 1st June 2013, 08:20
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Hi, when I got the car I thought all the "hard work" was done, the steel frame fitted and the body sat in place! How wrong I was!!!!
I'll try and list a few photo but I'v only just learned how to turn the PC on
How many G-46's were made ?
Mike
Old 1st June 2013, 11:34

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Hi Micky1mo, welcome to the G46 club. Some were not too good on quality and there wasn't much time spent on research & development, so each G46 is a bit unique. The one that was sold on e-bay was the original G46 'Orca' and was the prototype.

For speed I ordered mine as a partially completed car: donor stripped, chassis welded, body mould 'prepped' and bonded to existing shell, doors and bonnet fitted. My car was on the production line behind 'Orca' and the lessons learned building 'Orca' were to be applied to mine, in respect of frame anchor points, bonnet and door hinge location issues. Unfortunately time ran out for 'Orca' and it wasn't finished before production stopped. From the photos I took of 'Orca' I note the hinge positions for the bonnet are different to mine and my bonnet cannot be opened more than a foot or two before fouling on the wheels - hinge position to change as things progress - every G46 will be different as each builder comes up with their own solutions to problems.

It has been suggested that the external mini hinges for the doors may not work too well due to the angles involved and the possibility of 'geometric lock', I surmise that a few G46's will have bonded-on and possibly cut down half doors, (steering wheel clearance issues) although getting interior hinges to work should be possible..don't get too excited though as the only car heading for fitted doors thus far will have had a seriously modified bulkhead and frame 'A' posts.

Best of luck with your build!

Scimjim added this to the forum a while ago under the 'Stcky Bits' section at the top of the Sammio Thread Index:

#01. unfinished factory demonstrator http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3928 (sold for £8600 on 20 Mar 13)
#02. “Charman.tech” V8 http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3211
#03. “Andrew Hush” (galv chassis, Nissan SR20 engine with type 9 box) http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3848
#04. HGU421J (formerly my car - AAA186J) “Nike55” (to Tribute for build) http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3643
#05. SOK383H “WCA” http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3273 (for sale unfinished)
#06. AON577K “House Martin” http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=3849
#07. "Welsh 46r"

the ad for #01 says that 8 bodies have been produced?

and finally, could I ask for chassis and registration numbers for our current registrar (Jim - se5.registrar@rssoc.co.uk or PM me) to keep our database up to date.

many thanks

Jim

Last edited by Nike55; 1st June 2013 at 11:39.. Reason: spulling & puncheewashun