Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 22nd September 2010, 21:10
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
the front suspension 'turrets' (They look more slender and 'curvy' than mine, but that could be down to the peculiarities of the e36 front uprights...
Your right I hadn't noticed that! They seem to be higher and enclosed and all smoothed over. The headlight and shock mounting will look a lot better and neater with that chassis mod.

Nigel,
any more news from Mark of the new folding 'pram' style hood and any sign of the new Marlin demonstrator being built?

...peter
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:06

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Peter

That impact wrench looks just the job. And contemplating that rear end assembly I think your right. It'll come in really handy.

No more news about the hood other than that it is happening. Mark tells me he is producing it for a complete build he is doing but I didn't see it in either of my visits.

Nothing else bolted on yet Jason. I thought I would start somewhere nice and easy and gently progress to the difficult bits.................... Not sure how Mark decided on the height of the seat belt bar mounting bracket but agree with your comment about seat selection. I think it's a pity the brackets are forward of the roll bar rather than behind. It's another sharp edge to cover up for IVA

The first job is the rear end clean up. I'm trying to decide just how far to strip it down, which of the bushes are replaceable (some of them seem to be bonded in), and how it fits back into the chassis. Marlin supplied a couple of diff mounting brackets but I haven't worked out how to use them yet. But then I haven't really investigated. That's something for this weekend and perhaps a visit to Tim and his E36 version sometime with a camera. Tim..................??
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:30
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road

Hi Nigel
You're more than welcome to visit...however, at the moment the Sportster is in Caerphilly whilst someone is working out how to bypass the immobiliser. Which is quite handy in fact as the garage of my new house got burnt down a couple of weeks ago!! Will let you know as soon as its back in sunny Bristol.
Cheers
Tim
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:01

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Tim,

It maybe worth a chat with Marlin Mark. He told me about an outfit he uses to de-immobilise the ECU (and re-map if necessary) which he seems to rate.

Nigel
Old 24th September 2010, 20:57
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelB View Post

The first job is the rear end clean up. I'm trying to decide just how far to strip it down, which of the bushes are replaceable (some of them seem to be bonded in), and how it fits back into the chassis.
This is where the realoem.com website comes in handy.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...66&hg=33&fg=30

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...04&hg=33&fg=30

I've guessed at your car, but with the VIN you can look up your exact model.

have fun