Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 27th December 2022, 18:16

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road
Default Where is everyone ????

What's happened to this forum ?

This was until a year or so ago a really well supported forum. Hardly any new posts coming through let alone new builds , new threads etc these days. Has everyone moved over to facebook ? I must admit I only check in here once in a while rather than a couple of times a week or more !
Shame really as there was once a wide variety of new builds on here being posted but that's a thing of the past now , perhaps everyone has taken up new hobbies ?
What will it take to restore the interest here ?
Available from eBay
Old 27th December 2022, 19:19

casamolino is on a distinguished road

New admin , the last person to join was nearly 2 years ago , i would guess nobody new can actually join , Facebook is no use for build threads , this place at one time was the most helpful and informative aid , Geoff .
Old 28th December 2022, 14:15

I think JG closed the forum to new members as there were cyber attacks from various sources . Not sure but it would appear too complex at the time to filter them out, don't quote me, I'm no computer expert ! I'm sure new members could be filtered as you see on other sites where you have to identify objects in a photo or tick a box to say you are not a robot !

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 28th December 2022 at 14:18..
Old 29th December 2022, 20:38

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

often 2 members and 150 guests.
Forum is dying and will die if new members are not allowed to jointhen it will die.JG needs to reopen the forum or pass it onto someone who will/
Old 30th December 2022, 20:07
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Very few active members are left as many old members have drifted away, either to other forums or away from this hobby to other interests.
Lots of non members are viewing but without the ability to join they are not able to join in with the discussions or ask questions.
I suspect the forum is now running on very old bulletin software with many security vulnerabilities. The owner (JG?) may have decided that to upgrade to the latest software is either too difficult or too expensive (or maybe both!) so is leaving it to run it's course as it is. This is an unfunded site with no membership fees or donations required.
Sad, but this may be the reality?
Old 31st December 2022, 11:30

Perhaps JG could comment, if he is still with us ?

You might have noticed other parts of the site are years out of date with no updates or input. Scroll down the column to the left and you will see what I mean ! Shame really but it reflects the current scene for home built vehicles isn't what it was.
Anyone see the article in Classic & Sports Car magazine with the feature on Peter Filby ( former Which Kit editor ), very much written as a retrospective look back at the kitcar industry. All very good looking back to the 70's, 80's and 90's, it reads as if its a long gone industry that is all but dead ! Perhaps I'm just getting old ?
Old 31st December 2022, 11:35
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Some of us are still lurking, and enjoying the posts that are made, but it has been quiet for a while now.
Old 2nd January 2023, 08:22
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

I also lurk but post very infrequently.

The other issue affecting this forum is that if you not logged in you cannot see the pics on the threads. It