Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2023, 07:08

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Quick Update.

Went to the show on Saturday, left at about 1300. Seriously underwhelmed. Bumped into Car Photographer and Lucky .

Yesterday I finally got around to fitting the 4.1 diff. in anticipation of today's trip to collect my half-shafts with their newly replaced bearings. I cut a piece of card to fill the hole in the banjo and carefully cleaned both the threads of the studs, with a wire brush, and the mating surface with acetone. I heaved the replacement diff. onto the bench and likewise cleaned the machined surface and passed a rag through the mounting holes. As advised by an internet search, I applied a smear of Loctite 574 to both sides of the gasket, slipping it carefully over the studs before hooking the diff over them with one 'safety first' nut on the top stud. My new split washers and plain nuts went on a treat. I couldn't find anything on the net regarding a torque setting for them so used a common sense amount gauged by wrist.

Excuse rubbish photo'. As soon as 'school o'clock' is over, I'll hit the road for half-shaft collection.

Regards, Mick