View Single Post
Old 28th January 2015, 22:14
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Valve Ed View Post
That's the one Peter! together with the servo, off camera...

It never found it's way onto the Roadster, I had intended to fit it after it went on the road but that never happened of course.

Thank you for clearing it up, especially the photograph, a picture tells a thousand words! I will go search for a pressure limiting valve, shouldn't be too hard to find.

I am still struggling to find the rubber seals for the header tank, my local BMW place quoted £100 + for a kit... LOL Perhaps if I find a regulating valve I will also find another master cyl and header tank, with seals.

You probably know that servo is off a BL Metro which were a bit limited in the amount of boost. (lots have upgraded to Dual Diaphram boosters from the USA, but that's another story...)

The seals should be available separately and should be about £5 each. (Part number 34311160133)

Just been looking again at realoem.com and BMW fitted 19,05/20,64MM M/C up to 07/1986 (like yours) and after that fitted 22,20/17,46MM. I don't have my Sportster anymore so I can't tell you exactly which one was fitted. The pressure reducing valve goes with the later 22,20/17,46MM master cylinder so you may not need one on yours?
Maybe other BMW Sportster builders will be along to comment as my memory is a little hazy from about 10 years ago