View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:05

andrewhush is on a distinguished road

Time to try out the mg midget screen. I have cut two small holes in the scuttle top to let the screen retaining lugs drop through. The offside door is further forward than the nearside one so the holes are cut to place the frame edge correctly on the offside and further forward on the nearside so the screen is set square across the car.

side

offside

nearside

front

rear

Here is a template I made from lightweight display board to copy the shape of a friends mg midget with the roof up.

This allows me to set the screen at the correct rake

The next step is to cut away sufficient of the rear deck to allow the seat to be placed in a comfortable position in relation to the gearstick. More will need to be removed later to accommodate the greater width of the hood frame and to allow the hood to drop through the rear deck as on a midget.

cutline

no turning back now!

spare grp

The next pic with me in it (had to happen sooner or later) shows my head further back than the highest point of the roof. To put this right the sides of the body need to be cut away a la charmantech to move the doors, screen and roof back. I think about 6" offside, 5" nearside should do it.

Before cutting anything more I am going to make up a trial mini bulkhead with the (nissan) pedals on it that can be slid backwards and forwards to a comfortable position and so locate where the permanent bulkhead needs to be.

ok all for now

Last edited by andrewhush; 22nd October 2012 at 12:16..