View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 20:42

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

As well as building the car I'm also trying to fit in training for a triathlon in October. It's sometimes quite difficult balancing the training with finding time for the car.

This morning I was up early as a mate came by to borrow my van, I was then out to the other side of the city to pick up a 1934 Singer electric sewing machine which is a magnificent piece of engineering. Once that was done I was home, changed into my Lycra and a 2 hour cycle. I then grabbed a sandwich in the garage on my way up to the unit, had 3 hours on the car and then came home changed and headed to the gym...

Todays work was removing the centre console, dials and some of the dash.

Couldn't get the stereo out for love nor money. Ended up smashing it. Only as I removed it did i realise it had been secured from the rear... Argghhh

This is where I finished up...
IMAG0610 by couerdelion2013, on Flickr

Need to spend some time tidying up tomorrow!

Thinking more about the interior and colours again today. Was in my SLK which has a black and cream interior and think it confirms that I'll stick with something similar for the 250 swb as it works well (I think so).

IMAG0609 by couerdelion2013, on Flickr

Car has been parked up in the dry unit for over a week now but noticed the carpet under where I've removed the seat is soaking (both sides). Will likeley need to remove to dry off properly. Worrying that i dont know where its leaking though.