Thread: Sammio value??
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2017, 21:13

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

It is easy to register a body change, mine was done five years ago and it took only about half an hour, but, some people choose to delay that procedure as apparently it has been known to complicate the process of registering a car abroad that's been exported to another country.

Back to the question of the value of these cars, I took mine out for a fettling spin this afternoon, a trip of about two miles round the local bypass and through the Town to the gym (which is actually only about 500m away from my house) before heading back home the long way round again to give my car some exercise after I'd had some, erm, exercise.

During that journey of around ten minutes driving in total, my car was complimented by three complete strangers: a chap in his sixties walking his dog engaged me in conversation while I waited at traffic lights and told me how beautiful he thought my car was; a woman in her late twenties said 'wow, nice car' as she walked across a pedestrian crossing in front of me; and one of a group of young hipsters leaving the Railway station cried out 'Respect to the man in the silver car with no roof! Looking mighty fine, yay!' (or words to that effect) as I waited for the level crossing barriers to raise.

Couple that with the huge smile the car puts on my face every time I look at it, never mind actually drive it, and it's bloody priceless.

Unless you actually go out in one of these cars you won't know just how much everyone loves them.