View Single Post
Old 9th November 2005, 16:03
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi M,
I’ve just added a link to Fib’s latest reports on Python in the fact file (Nov 05 http://www.kit-cars.com/fff/filbyfactfile1.html ).

How and why are AhhhVD going to fix problems they haven’t got ?

Fib’s has shifted his position from “fixes are being worked on” to asserting that all Python chassis (except the one and only example on the road ) are OK. Specifically: he said, of the latest demo “Its chassis is RV’s slightly redesigned and stiffer assembly, as supplied to all UK customers so far”.

In other words, he’s reiterating the yarn that VW spun to me; to the effect that the problems were solved before they were even discovered . So, whether it’s right or wrong, the Python that we’ve all seen and read about is the Python that any foolish purchasers shall get .

The question then arises as to which version of what we’ve read is correct. There’s not much doubt: even WKC ? (in a flush of half-hearted integrity ) admitted that its handling isn’t right and that it isn’t comfortable .

That was some admission concerning a kit that costs upward of £12,000 to build! When you going to order yours M? Personally; I’d advise you to buy a kit with genuine provenance . All of them would take a BMW engine if that’s what takes your fancy. Chances are that they'll still be there in a year - which is more than can be said of AhhhVD .

Den