View Single Post
Old 10th September 2005, 21:11
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default clutch improvement

Hey Dylan,
your certainly racking up the miles mate, thats more miles than my focus does in a year. I think i have sorted clutch issue I was about to remove pedal box today and work out how to fit a hydraulic cylinder etc. When i removed the cable from the pedal and clutch fork I worked it back and forth, it seemed ok until a put the original curvature into it and it stiffened up. I pulled out the full length of inner cable and found the plastic coating had come away at the pedal end looking like norah battys stockings. I'm not sure why this should have happened, so I decided to try the cable back on. I removed the pvc coating which left me with a steel inner. I then lubricated the inner cable thoroughly as i fed it back in. The pedal operation is much much better, still heavier than your average saloon but quite manageable. I have left the cable routed round the side of the car as it is a smoother run. I have stiffened the area of the pedal box where the cable enters due to excessive movement which prevented clutch clearing fully and also tapped out the bulkhead to allow more pedal travel.

regards Brian