View Single Post
Old 1st July 2023, 20:49
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul and Amir for your encouraging comments. I've been building this car for nearly eleven years so another couple of weeks is a drop in the ocean.

Yesterday, with all the issues in my head, I forgot to mention the fantastic experience of driving my Sabre.
My journey yesterday morning started at 6.30am and the 40 minute drive to the test station was really exhilarating and enjoyable with the early morning light and the birds singing in the trees.
The ride is smooth and easy to drive with so much power from the engine. I think my tyres were pumped up a bit high (to help pass the self-centering test) as the steering was a little twitchy and very sensitive to the smallest movement. I had her up to about 50mph but found cruising at 45mph more enjoyable much to the frustration of some of the early morning commuters .
You don’t notice the slightly offset steering wheel and being quite low down in the car there is not much wind buffeting. I drove there with the windows down and up on the way back, as the weather had deteriorated. With the windows up you get a lot more wind on the back of your head.

This car was number seven off the production line and left the factory in July 1994 and now has been driven!! It only took 29 years.
It must have been quite a shock for the poor thing.

I made a start today on the issues so shouldn't be too long.....

.......peter

Last edited by peterux; 1st July 2023 at 20:50.. Reason: to add the missing text