View Single Post
Old 5th April 2023, 16:09
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Just when you thought it was safe.......

Just when I thought I was close to applying for my IVA I had a thought that I should check if the IVA manual had been up issued. So I checked on the government website and sure enough a new version was issued on the 20 March 2023!

So I downloaded a copy and checked the Release Notes for Version 15.0.
There are 15 changes identified and most of them are very minor. So I went through each change and identified the impact on my Royale Sabre.
There are 12 changes that have no impact or are not applicable to my vehicle.
2 changes (Section 12 and section 16) now have an exemption from the 2.5mm radius rule for movable windows. They now only have to be 'blunted' which is good news as I won't have to disable the electric windows at my test.
(Mike on this forum, had this as a failure point at his IVA on his Marlin Cabrio) It's nice to see some common sense being applied.
The only other change is to the tolerance of the Speedometer. Previously, Speedo's were allowed to over-read the true speed by up to10% plus 6.25mph.
The new requirement is a tolerance of up to10% plus 2.5mph. Providing my ETB electronic speed is working and set correctly, then this shouldn't be a problem.
As I said, this analysis is for the Royale Sabre so if you are building something else you should check the changes as they may affect your particular kit car.

No build updates at present due to holidays, etc.

......peter