Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 30th April 2023, 09:51

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Hooray!

Yesterday, at long last, the warm spring sunshine tempted me down to the cave and engendered some enthusiasm which has been largely lacking during the rather grim weather since I last posted.

First job was to sort out my disorganised shed where I discovered that I was down to my last seven spare steering wheels...

I also dug out my seat belt mounting frame which I had pop riveted, ready for welding, but back to front . I drilled out the rivets and re-assembled it correctly.

I then turned my attention to the stack of GRP body parts on my front drive. I decided that the long hard top was surplus, advertised it on Dutton Owners FB group (FOC) and got an immediate bite. Then, as one of the planned welding jobs was the stub supports for the headlights, I popped the flip front back on and marked where they'd fit, so today I can chop up some 1" angle in readyness.

I've only made one purchase since last posting, which was aluminium front Triumph hubs with Ford PCD. The steel ones that came with the car have bolt on adaptors and weigh the proverbial ton!. I had the imperial studs pressed in by the vendors, Merlin Motorsport. They weren't cheap at coming on 300 quid the pair but I'm pleased as punch with them.

Now that enthusiasm has been re-kindled I'm hoping that the weather gods will smile this summer.

Regard, Mick