View Single Post
Old 30th October 2012, 18:53
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree11 View Post
Questions:
- I know I need to get the correct spec HP hose, I would prefer flexi to copper, but does it have to be steel braided or will normal flexi rubber or whatever be ok down the transmission tunnel?
- What models of HP pump have you used for the M20 2.5 engine? I am thinking of pressure/flow rate required?
Hi John,
bit of a pet subject with me at the moment The EEC want all governments to introduce E10 (petrol with 10% Ethanol) by 2013 (i think?). This is non-compatible with copper and ordinary fuel hose. Now the IVA manual says...
Taking into account the type of fuel used, the fuel system, including the fuel tank, shall be so designed, constructed and fitted as to withstand the forces, vibration and corrosive environment to which it is likely to be subject.. Which could mean that anyone going for an IVA test in , say 2 years, will need to prove that the system is designed for E10 fuel.
You need fuel hose that is to spec. SAE30R9 or better.
(see thread called 'Fuel Hose Panic' for more details)
I'm planning on using something like Gates Barricade fuel hose or Goodyear SAE30R9 on my Sabre.

I think I used 10mm pipe on my Sportster as that was the size of the outlets on the tank.

The HP pump was supplied by Marlin and was a Sytec pump but I don't recall which model number.

...peter