Thread: Newark 2023
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2023, 07:41

IanA is on a distinguished road

Yes it was a bit of a washout. The outside amusements were doing no business at all on Saturday.
I arrived on Friday afternoon in in my Jago in pouring rain. I was able to shelter in the club gazebo until a lull to put up tent. Raining all day Saturday but the showers in the trailer facilities were hot.
We had 7 Jagos over the weekend. The weather kept the Westfields and Cobras away with not many more than that of those.
There were some great cars on display from the manufacturers in the exhibition hall, but most kits cost about GBP40k+ now- even Westfields. The Chesil Porsche Speedsters are over GBP50k.
On display there was a fearsome Ultima converted to full Le Mans/GT3 spec. It would be fun just driving it down the road let alone around a track.
One outfit that aroused a lot of interest, mainly because they're cheap were the four cyclekarts on display and seen driving around the showground as well as the fenced-off course they'd set up, see:
https://www.cyclekartsgb.com/

Basically gokarts with cheap Chinese 200cc rear-mounted engines and bodywork to emulate pre-WWII sports cars. Not fast (30-35mph) but look like great fun. Just as well I have no space...
Cheers
Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9964a.jpg (95.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9991a.jpg (95.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9943a.jpg (92.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by IanA; 25th July 2023 at 07:43..