View Single Post
Old 9th February 2023, 19:39
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Pressing on with the trimming...

Thanks, Mick, Kon, Dpaz and Patrick for you words of encouragement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick update of progress of trimming out the interior of the last couple of weeks.
So the next step was to cover the rear panel that sits behind the seats. (For anyone not familiar with the sabre, the hood drops down behind this panel when in the fold down position.)
Having stripped of all the old trimming, I started by covering the top rail of the back panel with some navy vinyl which was glued on the front and stapled on the back. The back was also covered in sound absorbing foam.

Rear Panel by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I then glued a piece of carpet to the lower section. (Photographed in bright sunshine)

Rear panel by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Before fitting the rear section of carpet I fitted the drivers side carpeting.

Carpet by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

After a lot of faffing about getting the seat belt mounting holes aligned with the chassis I could finally fit the rear panels in place. Before the final fitting I covered the rear body tub bulkhead in sound absorbing foam.

Rear panels by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

These MG Roadster door seal finishers make a nice addition. They are not a perfect fit but close enough.

Door seal finishers by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Door seal finishers by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

A couple more panels on the drivers side to make/trim/fit and then I can move on to fitting the seat belts and the drivers door.
Due to the width of my garage I need to move my car across the garage by about 12 inches.

Next update in about 2 weeks....
..........peter

Last edited by peterux; 9th February 2023 at 19:42.. Reason: correction