View Single Post
Old 12th January 2023, 18:59
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default New year - same car :-)

Thanks froggyman, DaveP and Biggles for your kind words of encouragement.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My wife bought me this nice picnic set for Christmas so I better crack on and get this car finished for Summer

Picnic Basket by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Firstly, I finished fitting the door wiring grommet, the restraining strap and the interior lighting switch. I then connected up the door wiring to the cars loom and tested the door window and door lock.

Door fitting by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Then I could do some more interior trimming. I decided to make a panel that encloses the space above the passenger footwell. I started by templating the under dash cover on the passenger side.
I then cut a sheet of aluminium to fit. It fits into a slot I made at the base by gluing a strip of angle ali to the bulkhead and is fixed to a bracket bolted to the underside of the dashboard.
I then covered the ali sheet with carpet and glued soundproof mat to the rear side to stop any chance of vibration.

Carpeting by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I have also been recovering the rear quarter panels. These panels are made of GRP and were supplied as part of the kit. I first cleaned up the panels by removing the old glue. I then covered them in scrim foam using spray adhesive. And then covered them in some navy vinyl.

Rear quarter panel by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Rear quarter panel by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Hopefully, the weather will stay mild enough to carry on with the trimming....

....peter

Last edited by peterux; 12th January 2023 at 19:01.. Reason: typo