View Single Post
Old 17th March 2012, 17:29

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfish76 View Post
Dare i say it, the best replica i have ever seen has been a classic replicas gts last december. Very good, very expensive even as a kit, and still has faults (but not many). It is much better than there previous attempt at copying Deon. However i have already been warned about some peoples dealings with the owner, which people can look up for themselves. However i wouldn't rule him out as an option, he has always been quite open, informative, and pleasant to deal with from my own experiences. As i have stated in other posts i still need time to save so i am taking my time and keeping an eye out on all developments. I am especially looking forward to seeing Dehavillands prototype completed. And i hope thay keep it as a demonstrator for customers to try, JHC and CR don't have this which i think is daft and concerning, put it this way i didn't buy my everyday car with out giving it a go first.
Hi.
Strange you say that as the moulds for classic replicas gt and gts were taken from deon body shells.I know this for a fact as I visited classic replicas when the moulds were being manufactured and spoke at length with markus king who was gelcoating the deon bodyshell prior to laying up with fibreglass.Gordon was on holiday at the time in the us and markus spent almost all day with me.He showed me a completed deon rolling chassis from which the bodyshell had been taken. So due to shrinkage in fact the cr shells may end up being even smaller than the deons. They were even working from the same shed deon/ jhc made their shells in illminster!!
I know they updated few things but it was basically a rebadged deon which was initially a rebadges jhc.
ian