View Single Post
Old 19th February 2023, 14:29

Robert010652 is on a distinguished road

The guy who bought the car in California (The green one I posted the picture) he insisted at that time (mist have been at least 10 years ago) that it is vintage 1937 or thereabouts. But who cares what he thinks. It is what it is . Your registration may also be that of the Sherpa running gear from British Leyland days. I know Bill had stacks of Sherpa chassis. Like I said I was about to part deposit for mine as he passed away. Club does not seen to be active any longer and even if it was it may be a club with one or two members> I think Bill used to say there were 32 units in different stages of built, not in his shop but individual constructors. One or two were total bastardized objects not even resembling a car other than 4 wheels
My little advice may be wire wheels are fine . However in order to keep to the spirit of Brooklands consider the extra expense of putting period wire wheels and avoid the current modern Dunlop 72 spokes. They would look too new for the age the car is representing and also do not put chrome. Either silver painted or body colour.My 2 cents https://www.morganexperience.com/reg...R504863.43823/ This is my Le Mans Morgan

Last edited by Robert010652; 19th February 2023 at 14:37.. Reason: trying to insert a picture