View Single Post
Old 1st July 2022, 14:58

deni is on a distinguished road

Hi Mr.T,

Oh dear, It's amazing how far and high this guy was "catapulted" in the air . Poor guy, but I admit I had to laugh as well...I loooove your stories Mr.T, so thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much, your advice is so helpful, as always.

I have GAZ adjustable shocks. I have decided to part-exchange my spring seats for springs with 2,75" ID, and replace them with the ones for the springs with 2,5" ID. I need to lower my car significantly, so I reckon I need shorter springs, and there is so much choice if are buying 2,5" ID springs.

Your speedster looks great, and it will probably be a bit lighter than my car, as I have added some weight to the subframe modifying it to make it a bit more sturdier and safer, as it was quite basic.

So, I have now ordered 9" long, 170lb springs, and we shall see how they work. I know this is trial and error process, but at least I have a starting point. I tried to come close to factory Spitfire 1500 spec as a reference.

I'm only worried a bit about the top seats. Not sure they will be ok now, as the springs OD might be a bit smaller too.

Looking forward to see your next update on the speedster build.

Have nice holidays and thanks again, your help is much appreciated.

Cheers, D.