View Single Post
Old 30th January 2022, 18:14

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

So the latest in my saga, the car will be going for certification now on Feb 15th and hopefully a couple of days later back to me and NZ road legal...

As explained a few times the rules for LVV in NZ are different to what you can do in the UK, and just a MOT and a cert adjustment won’t cover it over here...

The car is at the stage where it is mechanically sound, all the requirements for cert such as fuel filler mods, door and boot locking, general structure and warrant of fitness lights etc are done. The bodywork is not completed and still has a way to go for fit and finish...Photos look ok but I have had some issues with shut lines/ door to rear quarter profiles as well as boot lid closure lines that are gonna need a lot of work prior to painting....I am hoping that mid Feb all that will be future work, I can enjoy the car for a few months on the road and a few pics from the Brit and Euro car show in Mar will happen. (As long as the show goes ahead under our current COVID settings etc). Fingers are crossed.....