Thread: DLVA woes
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2022, 15:41

slickshod is on a distinguished road
Default DLVA woes

Good afternoon chaps , i have been following the builds on this site for ages so decided to join in ! I am having problems registering my Kit , ( actually a Lotus Europa imported from the US ) submitted all the correct paperwork to the DVLA ,to be told all was correct and they would issue a V5 in due course , so i got on with the restoraton ! ( bad idea ) after 2 weeks the DVLA contacted me to say that they wanted to inspect the car , I had been busy taking the body from the chassis and stripping all the suspension off ! in the letter from the DVLA they ask if the car was being restored yes i replied , so they said Ah if it is not complete we cannot carry out an inspection ,so will not issue a V5c !! that is as it stands today , i have sent pics. of the car as it stands showing Chassis and body ,before and after i started stripping it , the vin and chassis no's are all correct and match and i have a letter and proof of ID from Lotus Heritage ! they will not inspect it until i finish the restoration ! hope you enjoy the read , Pete.
Available from eBay