View Single Post
Old 31st July 2023, 10:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Goodwood Breakfast Club – Sunday, 30/07/23

Saturday
Topped up with petrol.

Which also marked the start of my weekend’s cloud watching.

It was just starting to rain on my drive home, so I rushed to pull the covers on.
(I was parked in the street so I could check the engine oil level later on.)

But, as soon as I finished covering the car, the sun came back out.

Shoved my new car cover and a small bag in the boot, along with my tool bag.

Approximately 3 hours and 100 odd miles later the car was tucked up at the B&B.

Note – I used my leather headlight grille covers to protect the car cover from any sharp edges.

Sunday
I was packed up and ready to go by 6am and pushed the car out of the B&B before starting it.
(Which was hard to do on the gravel drive.)

Got to Goodwood and there was a holding pen before the circuit opened at 7am.

Chatted to the owners of these two Hot Rods, who were also on the ‘Rods ‘n’ Sods’ forum.

The ’32 Ford was an IVA build, so we had an interesting chat about re-body rules, etc.

As it turned out, both the rods were being displayed on the track, a bit further along from here.

Whereas, I was in the pits.

Looking back at my old photos from the 2019 Revival, this was the same pit area back then!

I was able to get a good look around before the gates opened to the public at 8am.
(I’ll post more photos another day, after I’ve gone through my GoPro video footage.)

It was a really good event and I can’t tell you how proud I was to be part of it.

Almost lost my voice by the time it ended at 12 noon, as I talked to a LOT of people.

The more people heard about the HUGE amount of work that went into it, the more they liked it.

I have a small collection of build photos in a folder that helped to illustrate that is more custom than kit.

It really was a show of two halves.

First half – Lots of people and cars in lovely sunshine.

Second half – “Not so much.

It had stopped raining when I left and there were occasional light showers on the way home.

Unfortunately, that ended 10 miles from home, when the traffic ground to a crawl and the heavens opened.

This is what I looked like when I got in.

It hasn’t stopped raining here since, but, at some point, I will need to remove the covers and bail the car out!

Until next time, take care, Paul.