Thread: Kit Comparisons
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2008, 14:52

greengreenwood7 is on a distinguished road

Daniel, dont know if you've bought a car as yet? i owned a R.Hood briefly last year ( brielfy cos the engine blew up ) - i decided to sell it and buy something else. my impression of the R.Hood was that it was a fine car to drive sedately on a sunday and not a lot more - atleast not without spending money - mine had the 'sliding pillar suspension' - which was poor. aside from that a bit heavy. This yr bought a Tiger Supercat - second hand. Love it, finish wise as usual depends who you buy from, IMHO i'd concentrate on getting any car that has the right mechanicals - eng/gbox/suspension, you can always titivate bodywork/interior at a sensible cost. I'm sure that all that you mention will do a similar job - albeit 4k is probably a bit light for all other than R/Hood depending spec. so probably comes down to personal pref on looks as much as anything - oh and size - for example i think Hood bigger than all others width wise so can have bigger seats etc - going down to caterham as narrowest.....chrs mg