Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 16th January 2024, 15:37

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Arctic Adventure...

Thanks Martin, encouragement is always most welcome .

I made an earlyish start this morning, rugged up with two boiler suits, a fleece, and my newly bought Trapper Hat. I g-clamped the seat belt mounting frame to the Workmate and disced off the errant ends. I also cut angles at the front ends of its longitudinal members to prevent 'digging in' on imagined extra high speed bumps, and more where it sat very near the diff. Bolting it back showed satisfactory clearances.

I then retrieved the seat bucket from the body heap and dropped it into place in readiness for accurately marking the belt attachment holes.

Using the ever useful ratchet strap, the Workmate and not a little effort , I heaved the front end up far enough to crawl beneath armed with correction fluid and marked the gismo.

Clamping it to the Workmate again I drilled pilot holes in anticipation of offering up the belts and sufficiently opening up said holes.

Despite spending a frustrating hour turning both sheds upside down, the belts (bought Sept. 22) remained stubbornly hidden in whatever 'safe place' I'd stowed them. A little disheartened, not to mention cold, I called it a day.

Regards, Mick