View Single Post
Old 15th February 2023, 07:22

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Good choice if I must say so myself. These can sell for up to 50k for a good one.
It must be properly registered as it would be a very expensive exercise. Also when was it converted? if it is over 30 years then it is MOT exempt which is a great bonus. I was fortunate with mine (RS Daytona) as it was the factory demonstrator and hd had various magazine articles printed so I can prove that it was converted.
There is an owners clubbed it is very quiet with just a newsletter 3 times a year but worth joining. There are a few posts on this forum but not much good anymore as new members can't join.

I looked at a few SR's before buying mine, all unfinished or needing a lot of work. Anything not correctly registered I didn't bother with, check the reg on the DVLA website.
All of the SR's that I viewed had rusty chassis, they seem to have been only painted and as unfinished cars that had been knocking about for 30 years had taken it's toll.
The roof/door window isn't the best at keeping the water out so check inside for damp, I don't mean damp from the last time it rained but water ingress over the last 30 years, however the Z3 roof cover fits the Daytona almost perfectly, a good investment.
Unusual to see a SR with a perspex light cover, most of them were pop ups.
Don't hang around, buy it, good ones don't come up very often, even poor ones are rare.