View Single Post
Old 8th May 2015, 12:21

Marc F is on a distinguished road

Agreed Paul, but the Type 49 Corsa guys do that, and do not appear to have issues. Whether they declare the mod I don't know but... Just saying.

Personally, I would run a Herald chassis with the full length body. CC - you could sell your chassis and swap to a Herald, and have a far simpler life. All your goodies will bolt directly on, so no real loss.

YMMV

Ally panelling - I will probably still go for thinner, and maybe look at adding ribs for strength. But my heart tells me the floor pan just needs to keep my feet off the ground - doubt it adds much in crash situations. And I plan on a centre tunnel with full structural panelling, along with the side chassis and frame rails. So should be plenty strong enough for me. Advantage of 1.2mm or thinner is ease of bending/forming. 2mm is going to increase the difficulty, and hence the chance of me getting it wrong.

BUT! Interesting that Mike has resurfaced and is making you a body - maybe he will be able to give me a receipt now (and my grill and side vents and headrest...). Will be good if he is actually back and active with the Miglia... IF anyone manages to catch him please do ask that on to this forum via one of the many threads please. He just seems to "not receive" my messages or answer my calls. Shame, as he seem(ed) a nice guy to work with.
But interesting to hear the other views - keep 'em coming.

Last edited by Marc F; 8th May 2015 at 12:26.. Reason: Mike's resurfacing :-)