View Single Post
Old 6th July 2012, 12:31

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzone0797 View Post
Hi Phil,
thanks for the reply, takes a lot to scrap even a dull 308 GT4, as i mentioned before, i think its quite possible to contact,say, Eurospares, as they sell second hand parts and it might be another option.

Also as i mentioned before the MK2 MR2 is so close in dimensions, that might be also an option, as you could use it initially but replace the engine, maybe for an Alfa V6 and then replace parts as you locate them.

It all comes down to cost as you can get a good 308 GTS for just under £30K and the best Kit Dino is only ever going to be just that.

Regards Pierino
Pierino

Thanks for the advise on the Mk2 mr2 but the only thing that is close to the original is the wheelbase and tracking, the A posts, targa roof, glass, doors are vastly different in size and unfortuntly this will not give the true proportions. this can easily be seen on the new JHC model. as far as bolt on kits are concerned its a good one but not near the original. However saying that the design of the mk2 is very simular to the 246, not nowhere near the same. the mr2 mk3 could be a much better doner for the GTS as the car is already a convertable. I am no engineer, so i can only look at what is availible on the market. If anyone else has given it a go i would love to know about it.

Regards Phil