View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2022, 09:22

IanA is on a distinguished road
Default Second MOT pass

I MOTed the TFS yesterday for the second time. All was going fairly well until the emissions test where it comprehensively failed at everything!!! Then the tester reset his rig and it passed when we ran though the process for a second time.

The item I'd worried about was the headlight aim. I've recently replaced the front shocks and taken the opportunity to shorten the springs to drop the front of the car slightly. I removed about 10cm of each spring and wished I'd taken off a bit more. Having ditched the authentic but hopeless tripod lights and replaced them with a standard 7" type along with Nightbreaker 200 bulbs, I'd also adjusted them against a garage door to get them in a reasonable position. No problem at all now.

I left the car there and came home on buses while they replaced the rest of the front suspension (using a kit I'd supplied) and two rear tyres that I'd had stored. (Avon WV7 winter tyres) I got a call to say that one of the support brackets for the anti-roll bar bushes had broken so I ordered one on eBay. I expected all of the parts that could be fitted to be on the car but when I collected it, they hadn't refitted the complete anti-roll bar with its new drop links- we put it in the boot!!! When the bracket arrives it shouldn't take too long to refit it all. The idea of having them do it was so that I didn't have to grovel in the gravel struggling to get the taper joints apart.