View Single Post
Old 18th January 2024, 18:38

275NART is on a distinguished road

Some progress on the door sills, rockers, door frames, door handles & locks, and door skins. I took way too much time to get these cheap anvils cleaned up and polished but I think it's already paying in dividends (I went from 50 grit to 2000).

I made the skins and was really happy after wheeling them up with a subtle ~1/4" crown across the flattest area when resting on the door frames. There were hardly any track marks and I planished out all the stop marks etc. I felt super proud of course. However; lucky me totally ruined one of the skins when wheeling with the rubber wheel to get the bend right around the door frame. The lower anvil really marked it up before I noticed what was happening so I will be starting over on that side at least. I have 4 fresh sheets of 3003 on the way to try again... Wish me luck.

new lock cylinders from a truck toolbox of all places. They are much closer to the originals than what I had previously. The linkage is made with some simple threaded rod and clevis ends.

more structure to the sill and rocker area