View Single Post
Old 24th May 2023, 12:25

Paul L is on a distinguished road

A Long Overdue Catch Up

Peterux – I did see, and appreciated, your Christmas wishes at the time, thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roadster – Great to hear from you.

Good luck with your Sammio project, it will be good to see another build on here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I’ve now been working from home for over 3 years and it has been a struggle at times.
The time saved by not travelling to work seems to be filled with doing more work.
I also really miss seeing people in real life, rather than just on a computer screen.
The fact I spend all day staring at a screen for work, means I spend less time on screens after work.
So, apologies all round for the fact I don’t reply to as many builds, or as often, as I used to.

My ‘spare’ time for driving the Swordfish has also been restricted.

But, I’ve tried to get into the habit of regularly peeling the covers off and starting the engine.
(Plus driving a few feet forward and backwards to stop anything seizing up.)

This was late February, but don’t let the sunshine fool you, it was only 2 degrees and COLD!

It was mid-May before I was finally able to go out for a decent run (30+ miles).

Also managed to get out for a short blast on Sunday (21st May).

The photos make the paint look a lot better than it is, as it now really looks like an old car in real life.

Having said that, the car still turns heads and gets a positive reaction wherever I go.

Until next time, take care, Paul.