View Single Post
Old 21st September 2022, 21:26

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T – Looking very dapper sir.

I did see the Spitfire with the barrels, but didn’t read up on the history.

Seeing your black arm band reminded me that I only made mine the night before.
(After finding something I could cut to size and re-sew in one of my ‘might come in useful one day’ boxes.)

I figured that it would be ‘era appropriate’ for the Revival and a lot of people were wearing them.

Which leads me to these two photos…

The Queen
I originally posted this photo way back in 2012.

We had taken our daughters to the London Aquarium the day after the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee party.
Taking in some sights on the way home, we were on The Mall as things were being dismantled.
However, my ‘Londoner’ senses noticed an increase in Police, given that nothing was supposed to be going on.
So, I suggested we all wait around for a few minutes ‘just in case’ and we got a great ‘bonus’ to our day.
Without doubt, we were a lot closer than many people who had queued for hours the day before.

Roll forward 10 years…

I took the Swordfish out on Sunday to check out possible spots along the funeral route to Windsor.
I watched the Westminster Abbey service on TV until around 12.10 and then headed to the A30 near Staines.
Unfortunately, the local road I planned to take was closed (but not on the official list of closures).
I would have thrown my MTB in my estate car boot if I’d known just how far I would end up walking.
But it was still well worth the effort, as I was at the edge of the road, with no one close to me.

I set the camera to video mode, so I didn’t have to ‘take’ a photo as the coffin passed by.
Door to door was just over 4 hours, a roughly equal split of driving, walking & waiting.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 21st September 2022 at 21:29..