View Single Post
Old 1st July 2011, 21:33

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
A Sammio forum!
A great idea Sammio;s aren't the regular kit car - follow the build manual and then get it through the SVA IVA or whatever the next test.
The builder has far more freedom to create the car they want.

Im sure the experiences of builders on this forum will aid those who are less experienced and inspire new people that would not have considered building their own car.
Exactly , if you get the phylosophy of my idea , thats great , a few people don't ...I get asked about build manuals all the time and the nearest to that is my 'getting started' section on the website ....the link to Trevors blog helps as well ....but the point is , that other than a few guidance pointers on how to change the bodies etc. they aren't 'handbook / manual ' type cars ....I come from a background of innovation and adaption when building cars and I bring that style of build to this concept as well .....It would be pretty dull if they all looked and spec'ed up the same ...individual cars for individual owners !
A forum of our own will be a fantastic source of info for everyone both with build ideas , product discovery for ease of build ( handbrakes for example , I use Morris Minor and Mini , but I know Patton's using a Peugeot or Ford KA ) and will encourage relative novices or 'build manual only' types to come to the other side !!
Also , I acknowledge that my kits aren't perfect or high quality ( reflected in their price ! ) , so issues with body prep , overcoming any irregularities etc will be of interest to anyone starting out also.....

Obviously I'm a bit biased on this one - so I'll sit down now !!