View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:12

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Hi, the Mini based trike is really nice, I saw it on Sunday and had a really good look. I am still digging trying to find it's origins. It's purely a track trike, it would originally have been use alongside sidecar outfits. Once it's back in running condition it will be racing in the British Historic Championship alongside three wheeled Morgans, other three wheel specials and historic sidecar outfits.

Here it is with my two boys at the helm! It was hard prising them out of there after the photo shoot I can tell you...

This is what they get up to... The Morgan is running on Methanol, the Berkly is a Mini based special. One of my better snaps!

I have been hard at it doing numerous jobs on the Marlin but it's been extremely cold for the last few days, the cold seems to draw all my energy, when I have finished about 9pm I am deadbeat, a little supper and bed.

Today I have cleaned the small parts of the engine ready for the build this weekend. I have cleaned both SD1 blocks and finally decided to run with the one with a dropped liner, it's only 12 thou and the head gasket does not grip on the liner so I will take a chance. The other block has several bad dings in one deck right where the sealing ribs of the head gasket are, so it either needs decking severely or find somebody to put some dabs of TIG weld in the dents. I have taken the bulkhead and pedal box out to paint them, I will probably fit the engine and gearbox first before I re-fit the bulkhead and pedal box.

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 4th February 2015 at 08:50.. Reason: Correcting the autocorrect!