View Single Post
Old 28th August 2013, 19:56

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the nice comments above, it means a lot to me, especially when it's coming from the creator of the concept, a new friend who's been there and done it himself and someone the other side of the channel who's stepping out on an even bigger limb than I did by using a Deux Chevaux donor.

Despite being a challenge to build it's been an absolute pleasure too. Gary tapped into a niche market that was just waiting for a void to be filled, left by the likes of Paul Banham. I can't see anyone in their right mind starting to cut great big scoops and louvres into the bonnet of any of the current crop of Cobra kits, not at the prices the body shells cost, anyway. And for me, the finished car has turned out better than I could've hoped. I've even shown some of the staff at the Italian hotel I'm in at the moment pictures on t'internet and they've all gasped things like 'Que Bella Lancheea!' I don't know what that means but I've been getting free drinks all night since

So, if you're a lurker with a few mechanical skills and a hankering to build your own 50's sports racing car, don't delay, get yourself round the manufacturers, choose the style you like and get on with it.

You won't regret it.