View Single Post
Old 13th March 2012, 09:39

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
That is such a cool mod, nice!

Are you going to create a "boot" in the space you've now created?

If so then remember to design it so that you can get to the bolts on top of the leaf spring in case you ever need to get the diff out, although fingers crossed you never will The only reason i mention this, is because i was under my car the weekend and it's only now that it's all together i realise that a few of my design decisions won't make for the most accessible solution should things go wrong
dave, the luggage space will be accessible via a hinged lockable panel in the cockpit. There will be an access hatch at the rear to get to the spring bolts, but they will also be accessible with the petrol tank removed - which is simply bolted in and will come out underneath at the rear easy enough! I am not putting in a bootlid or access panel in the body, don't want to ruin the lines.

I am trying to think ahead but will surely have fogotten something!

Just brought my floorpans in now and gave them a coat of fibreglass resin to waterproof them. Several coats of paint this week to them and the frame (which will be fully weleded in the next few days) and I will be ready to get the body bonded on!

Engine hopefully in too at the weekend!