View Single Post
Old 28th January 2013, 15:40

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Andy , sorry to disappoint you, but this is way off your sammio kit and definitely not a knock off, as its a longer front , rear end is my own design , a new shape bonnet not flip front , my own grill design and doors my own design .Also the hump is moulded from a porsche 550 . All fits and great finished kit too. I think your find that i had a big influence of the sammio as i designed kit with gary. Way more overall difference than the sammio. So please hold back on the threats .
Firstly let me state that I have no part in this, Im not taking either side and have nothing to gain nor lose from this 'new' product however saying that its way off the sammio kit is a joke. It took a Cordite body to make your kit, the back end of which you have changed in no way. It is in actual fact a long nose Cordite with a large scoop as stated in your own build thread which is in what part of this forum? Oh thats right, its in the sammio builds section of this forum.

You seem to be confusing the fact that you designed the original Cordite with owning the rights to the design. It is far from being the same thing and as Andy owns the rights to it he would have a very strong legal case should you put the car into production. It doesnt matter that you designed the doors, rear end or any other part of the original car, you designed it for somebody else (Sammio) and so have no ownership of those designs.

Just a word of warning, if Andy does decide to seek legal action, your employment under Gary would probably be scrutinised. Reading the build thread it sounds as though some of the parts used may have been taken as part payment. You would be well advised to make sure that everything was above board and all earnings declared and all tax paid. This may sound like a threat from me however that is not my intension, far from it, I have just seen in the past how these things can very quickly get out of hand.

My advice would be to kill the project now (you are more than capable of creating something new for yourself) or find a comprimise with Andy that would give you use of what is his intellectual property before anything turns nasty.