View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 21:54

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike,

I'm still cogitating on the inlet ducting. I like your solution and I hadn't thought of seperating the AFM from the inlet elbow. That may provide a few more options but I don't think I have room to take the ducting into the nose cone as you have done. At the moment I'm thinking of a canister type air filter mounted low down and aft of the throttle body with an air intake cut into the engine bay side panel. But it will probably need some sort of scoop to ensure that Mr. Bernoulli's principle doesn't give me any power sucking negative air pressure in the inlet manifold!!.

I like the wooden dash. I plan to have an oak or cherry dash with a dark mahogoney stain that should work well with my white faced instruments. My worry has been the need to create a 19mm radius on the bottom edge to meet IVA requirements. How are you planning to overcome that. Have you got a seperate IVA dashboard as a tempoary fit..............!!

How are the electrics coming along. I have found it a lot less of a problem than I thought. (But I may change my mind when I connect a battery). I have left the ECU loom untouched except for a change in a couple of cable to accomodate the new position for the alternator. I have sussed the pin out for the X20 connector ( the interface between the ECU loom and the main vehicle loom) and I have made up the vehicle loom wire by wire from basic principles - supply - switch - load - earth. I needed to sort out a few relays and provide some permanent live and swithced live power supplies, but it has been fairly straight forward. I hope to connect a battery in the next few weeks. I'll make sure that all the fuses are removed and then put them back one by one. (with one hand on a fire extinguisher.................!!)Then I'll really find out how straight forward it's been!!

But it's looking like a really nice car with some great progress. Any thoughs about an IVA booking yet??

Cheers

Nigel