View Single Post
Old 24th November 2013, 17:49

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedmc View Post
Looking forward to see pictures. It sure looks good. Beside the function of a water seal, it would cover gaps in the situation where it is difficult to get the strip tight to the body.
I'm still in doubt. Shall I bond the strip to the body or use (rubber ballooning) screws? Why did you choose for screws Towed?

Michiel
Hi Michiel.

Yes, the seal does fill a couple of ill fitting gaps where the frame strip didn't quite fit tight to the top of the body. I went with a removable frame rather than bonding it to the body (which Phil has done) because my Porsche 550 dash panel curves up from under the screen before rolling down to form the face of the dashboard. To cut a long story short, the dash top completely blocks access to the set screws that hold the Perspex screen in the frame, so I wouldn't be able to replace it if it ever broke or went cloudy. With the well nuts holding the frame in place it's a very straightforward job to whip the whole assembly out and replace the Perspex.

Anyway, here's some shots of the sealing strip that Brockwell's gave me -

Pictures were taken this afternoon just before I used it to go to the gym between rain showers. Yes, I love it that much I'm still driving it at the end of November

Oh, and my wife just got back from a craft fair where she bought me a handmade decoupage card she thought I'd like. Can't think why she thought of me when she saw it...

Looks familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.